Supporting communities. Strengthening systems. Serving the world.
FOR THOSE WHO ARE PASSIONATE, PUBLIC-SERVICE MINDED, AND DEDICATED TO SOLVING THE WORLD’S MOST PRESSING PROBLEMS.
Today’s problems are increasingly complicated, multifaceted, and interconnected. Our program was created with this in mind.
Among its distinctive features, our Emergency Management and Community Resilience master’s degree offers:
- a two-year, 53-credit curriculum, thoughtfully designed by experts in anthropology, communication, geography, geology, public administration, urban planning, and other fields
- the chance to study in an epicenter of urban and rural opportunity, surrounded by volcanoes, fault lines, forests, and the coast
- energetic and approachable faculty experts, with ambitious research portfolios and diverse perspectives on resilience
- more than 100 elective courses that allow students to tailor their degree to their interests
Explore more information in our brochure!
Start your journey
Your career in emergency management and community resilience awaits you!
The program begins every fall term.
To start an application, go to apply.pdx.edu/apply/ and select the College of Urban and Public Affairs.
- Application Deadline: May 31
- Application requirements:
- Application Form
- Academic Transcript
- Three Letters of Recommendation
Questions? We’re here to help! Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org